Friday, August 26, 2011

As was waiting for Pam to fly in, I went to the cemetery to see Oma, Grandma, & Doris. They were watering some of the cemetery so I visited Oma. I parked the car facing her grave & I realized how her being there fits!







As my thoughts were in the past, I'm looking at the grave, then the airport behind her. I realized that some of my best memories of her is traveling! So many of our trips with Oma started at that airport that is right behind her mortal remains! She loved traveling. She loved it better when she was with her family. I wished that I had more photo's of her but, they are on another computer.


She never imposed herself on the vacations. She never passed up a chance when asked to come along. I know that our kids are grateful for the chance to share those memories with their Oma.

No comments:

Post a Comment