Monday, September 5, 2011

Paris #2

Pam & I ran into Karen, Mary & Josh by accident. As we got off the bu we were heading toward the Opera House. Pam has always wanted to see it. I've past it before but thought nothing of it last time I was in Paris. As we were getting in line there was Karen, Mary & Josh! As big as that city was we run into some of our party. We checked out the Opera house & I was amazed! I was glad that we did see it. It was just gorgeous! It is Worth a visit for those who is going to Paris. Notre dame is amazing. To think that they had no idea what a treasure it is a 100 years ago! I've known in America it took us a long time before we started to restore & maintain our historical stuff but, I didn't think of that problem in Paris.

I had to take this photo to prove that we were there. It was a place in the 1800 where the rich lived & shopped. Even thought the shops that they have there are still highly priced, the commoner like us could still walk down the most famous street in Paris. The Walsh's were at the Louvre. They really enjoyed it. It's like our Smithsonian.



Our hotel was the Eiffel Seine. It was just a few blocks from the Eiffel Tower. We could easily walk there. That also were we picked up the bus for getting around the city. Most of the travel people on tv won't tell you about the bus tours but they are fun. We did it in Washington DC, Pam has done it in London,and New York. I wished I had 1 more day for the Versille. I was there before but, would like to see it again.
I was in Paris in April of 1980 as a single soldier on a tour. Pam was 15 in June of 1980 with her family. Then in 2010, 30 years later we were there together as a married couple.












No comments:

Post a Comment