Thursday, September 8, 2011

"You had to be there!"

Back in 1990 times were uncertain for the Sirrines. Our unit was being deactivated & the nation was going to war. Pam had plane tickets to Washington to have Christmas here. We couldn't afford one for me, especially since we weren't sure if I could go to Washington for Christmas or to war. The time came when they said we could go on leave. I ended taking the bus. As we were going in Utah we passed thru Price Utah. I saw the famous JB's restaurant & I started to chuckle. The guy next to me who befriended me asked what was so funny? I looked at him & couldn't explain it. I replied " You had to be there." What had happened was back in 1988, the Lutz's, 4 kids, the Sirrine's, 3 kids, Ady, 3 kids stopped at the Jb's to eat breakfast. Kids under 12 eat free. Well, there were 10 kids under 12, double the amount of paying parents! We went thru the line, wiped it out. We then went thru a second time, Again wiped it out. Then we went a 3rd, wiped it out. We walked away full! We're pretty sure the store manager was happy to see us leave & as I rode thru I noticed that they do not have that buffett anymore or the kids under 12 eat for free either! You had to be there. I'm sure the kitchen was a lot emptier after we left!

No comments:

Post a Comment