Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Washington DC--1999

This is one of those blogs that has only 2 families involved. Again, some may not relate to it. I am a lover of history, especially American history. I was thrilled to go to DC not only once with Jeff/Vall/Josh, but with our kids. We didn't get in the Capital tour with the kids, but we did with the VanderHoevens. Something cool happened to Jeff & I. I asked a question to our guide toward the end & he asked if he could answer it later. Sure. It was about the place where they were going to bury George Washington & his wife. Well, the guy asked if I along with my wife would like to go see it. Pam didn't but Jeff did. So, he took us on a tour that the average person doesn't get to see. He took us down not only to see the crypt , but the room that they have the thing that when one lays in state, the casket lays on it & have since Lincoln. He then proceeded to take us to the floor where the offices were. We say the office that Johnson had, Tip O'Neil among others. It was a great history lesson! At he Smithsonian you see us with General George Washington's uniform, Apollo 11. At Ford's Theater you see me with the suit that President Lincoln was killed in. Next history lesson will be Boston. Near the start of our country, Lexington, Concord & Philadelphia for Independence HallGeorge Washington's uniform.Apollo 11.Brigham Young for the State of Utah. Each state has 2.It's more impressive in real life.Pam & I fell aleep at the Smithsonion.After they took the picture we found them asleep also.I knew we shouldn't let Jeff drive! Just kidding..

No comments:

Post a Comment